The observatory, 20 Grand Banks Teignmouth
Parking and ChargePoint
5 Mins To Beach
Balcony with Estuary Views
***NEW LUXURY LISTING*** The Observatory is a luxury holiday apartment offering stunning views out towards Shaldon across the Teign estuary from its private, south facing balcony. This beautiful apartment provides the perfect base to explore the popular resort of Teignmouth and the surrounding areas of Shaldon, Torquay, Paignton, Dartmouth, Exeter and Totnes. Located on the 4th floor this luxury 2-bedroom apartment has a spacious open plan lounge / kitchen diner and private allocated parking for 1 vehicle.
Exceptional attention to detail has been given to this property. The owners of The Observatory wish you to have a luxurious and relaxing stay and have gone out of their way to provide additional special touches such as waffle bathrobes, beach towels and ‘Make a Difference’ toiletries, 400 thread Egyptian cotton bedding, Nespresso coffee machine and a ‘Nauticalia’ telescope to enjoy the views.
There are a range of excellent beaches within a short walk. The popular 'Back Beach' is less than a 5-minute walk away, and with bustling bars, restaurant, cafes, shops and pubs, it's the ideal place to relax and enjoy the Devon weather. There are many coastal and countryside walks nearby, and the infamous Dartmoor is a 30 minute drive.
Teignmouth and nearby Shaldon, offer a range of local amenities including pubs, restaurants, shops and supermarkets. The larger towns of Torquay & Newton Abbot are approximately 9 miles away or a 15 minute drive. The main railway line in Teignmouth is just a 10 minute walk from Grand Banks and the M5 to Exeter is also within 15 minutes reach.
With all this on your doorstep, the opportunities for a luxurious, relaxed, outdoor lifestyle are limitless.
Grand Banks is located next to a west coast railway line so there is some noise from the trains during the day but the trains don’t run overnight. For stream train enthusiasts this is a great location for watching the Devon’s steam trains that regularly pass through Teignmouth during the spring and summer seasons.
- Allocated parking for 1 vehicle is available in the secure underground car park.
- There are 3 flights of stairs and a lift from the car park to the apartment. The property is accessible with a wheelchair
Electric Car Charging point
- There is an electric car charging point in the underground car park. It is available for 3 hour charging slots.
Room details at The Observatory, 20 Grand Banks as follows:
Apartment Entrance Hall
- The main door leads into the hallway. From the hallway you directly access the bedrooms, family bathroom and open plan lounge and kitchen.
- The Hallway cupboard is storage for a vacuum, clothes airer and ironing board. The iron is under the kitchen sink.
Open Plan Lounge & Dining Area
- This polished, tiled open plan lounge; dining area and kitchen has underfloor heating, as does the rest of the apartment
- Large three seater silver/grey sofa
- Teal blue armchair
- Black and sand jute style rug
- 'Nauticalia' telescope on a tripod
- 50” JVC smart TV with Netflix & Now TV
- Large bi folding doors leading onto the glass fronted balcony
- A family dining table with 4 chairs
- Sideboard and lamp
Open Plan Kitchen
- This high spec kitchen comes with granite tops, soft closing cupboards and drawers, and under counter lights.
- A full height 60/40 integrated AEG fridge & freezer
- A slimline wine fridge
- An integrated AEG electric oven at eye level and Microwave
- An induction hob with digital controls and extractor fan
- An integrated dishwasher
- An integrated washer / dryer
- Mixer taps
- Kettle and toaster
- KRUPS Nespresso coffee maker with a selection of coffee pods
- Cooking utensils
- Crockery, cutlery & glassware
- Tea towel, sponge, washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets provided.
Bedroom 1 – Master with Ensuite
- King size bed
- Beside table with lamps
- Chest of drawers
- Hair dryer provided
- 400 thread Egyptian cotton bedding & extra thick luxury towels
- Waffle bathrobes
- 'Make a difference' toiletries provided
- En-suite with shower, WC, sink with cupboard and bamboo freestanding towel rail.
- This stunning large south facing glass fronted balcony offers you 7.4m x 1.7m of space to relax on
- The bi-folding doors open completely to provide that open plan feel to the rest of the apartment
- There is outside lighting for those darker evenings
- There is furniture, cushions and throws for your use.
- Zip link beds, therefore available either as twins or a King (Please ensure you notify us of your preference prior to arrival)
- Bedside tables and lamps
- Chest of drawers
- Wall mounted mirror
- Hair dryer provided
- 400 thread Egyptian cotton bedding and extra thick luxury towels
- Waffle bathrobes
- 'Make a Difference' toiletries provided
- Bath with shower
- Sink with cupboard
- Heated mirror with lights
Communal Exercise Area
- Located on the ground floor
- Weights and cross trainer provided
Communal Clothes Drying Area
- For residents and guests to use (Please note this area is open to the elements)
£100 REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT will be requested at the time of booking
Check in: 3pm Check out: 10am
7 night minimum stay applies at certain times of the year with changeover day on Friday
Electronic guest/property guide will be sent once the 'Online Check In' form is complete
Infants welcome - however you are required to bring your own cot and highchair as these are not provided
No smoking or vaping permitted inside the property
Pets are not permitted
Parties are not permitted
BBQs are not permitted on the balcony
- From the underground car park the property is accessible via 3 flights of stairs or an elevator
- From the street there is a ramped path leading to the ground floor entrance which then leads to the main stairs and elevator